Ron Ashmore for Ward 6
I'm committed to serving my community and residents in a personable and accountable manner.
► Put Ward 6 resident interests first
► Push for pro-business and investment environment
► Limit tax increase to the rate of inflation
► Champion local farm interests
► Attract young people to our communities
► Activate lake clean-ups
► Responsible spending
► Examine potential for Kawartha Lakes Savings Bonds
THIS ELECTION IS ABOUT WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU !!
• Prompt customer service dealing with any municipal issues. Quick response time to any phone call or email regarding an issue. Newsletters, email updates and 24 hour web site availability for constituents.
• My election COMMITMENT is to bring 1000 jobs in 1000 days . These jobs will be created by welcoming businesses by providing incentives such as reductions in commercial tax, water rates and reducing the price of our industrial land for sale. Also reducing red tape by streamlining our approvals process. I will curtail the overreaching powers of the Kawartha Conservation by making them more accountable to the people.
• Bringing Wal Mart to Lindsay. We will find a developer ready and willing to sign an agreement to build in 2019.
• Keep our young people from leaving as they are our future. We need to attract young people and young families to stay in Kawartha Lakes.
• Limit tax increases to no more than the rate of inflation.
• Look after our farmers by reducing their mpac assessment and reducing the regulatory burden to expand or upgrade their business. Support our balanced trade position in NAFTA.
• Activate the clean up of our weed infested lakes so people can use and enjoy them.
• Limit the use of road salt on our roads which is having a negative effect on our environment.
• Stop the piling up of long term debt by introducing Kawartha Lakes Savings Bonds as a method of raising capital for our needs.
• Bring back Rural Transit to reconnect our communities.
• Bring live streaming to Council meetings and make it available for all to watch.
2006-2014 Councillor Ward 14 City of Kawartha Lakes
Corporate and Human Resources Committee
Agricultural Advisory committee
Omemee Legacy Fund
Property Standards Commitee
Kawartha Lakes Police Services Board
Salem Emily Cemetery Corporation : General Manager secretary-treasurer, property management, annual reports,contracts,by-laws,accounts.
CITY OF KAWARTHA LAKES DAIRY PRODUCER COMMITTEE
Organized events,promoted dairy products at fairs and sporting events. Lobbied trade representatives in preparations for World Trade Organization. Conducted meeting on local,provincial, national and international dairy industry issues.
VICTORIA COUNTY AGRICULTURAL TRAINING COMMITTEE
Worked with provincial and federal governments to develop training courses for the rural community
Ontario Federation of Agriculture
Agricorp - Farm Business registered
Alumni Executive, University of Guelph OAC 84A
Independent Mortgage Brokers Association
Financial Services Commission of Ontario
HELP OUR CAMPAIGN
We welcome any assistance for our campaign lots of work to do as its a very large geographic area and double the voters in Ward 6. Students can earn volunteer hours as well. Our campaign manager will be glad to coordinate
If you would like a sign please get in contact with us.
Campaigns donations help with our costs and are greatly appreciate to help run our campaign.
Who can make a contribution: We can accept contributions only from individuals who are normally a resident in Ontario. Corporations and trade unions are no longer permitted to make contributions to candidates. Contributions can be made by cash, cheque, money order or e-transfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who cannot make a contribution: The following individuals and organizations are not permitted to make contributions to municipal council and school board campaigns:2018 Candidates’ guide for Ontario municipal council and school board elections 19 a corporation a trade union an individual who is not normally resident in Ontario a federal political party, constituency association, or a registered candidate in a federal election a provincial political party, constituency association, or a registered candidate or leadership contestant a federal or provincial government, a municipality or a school board.
1969-1977 Lady Eaton Elementary School , Omemee, ON
1977-1982 I.E. Weldon Secondary School, Lindsay,ON
1982-1984 Ontario Agricultural College, University of Guelph , Guelph, ON Associate Diploma in Agriculture - Agri business major
2005 Athabasca University , St. Albert, AB: certification in MBA in Agriculture courses
2014 Mediation Certificate
1982-Present: Ashmore Farms ltd . Owned and operated a 68 cow dairy herd and cow calf operation . Continue to raise dairy heifers in Dunsford, ON
2013-Present Mortgage Agent - Self employed contractor specializing in financing for farmers, residential and commercial clients.
2006-2014 Municipal Councillor Ward 14 City of Kawartha Lakes
1987-1988 Irvine Farms Christchurch New Zealand, employee
1977-2011 Salem Emily Cemetery Corporation , employee- general manager
Married to Catherine for 27 years . four children: Charles 25, Michael 23, Nicholas 19 and Jon 17.